Help & Advice

As Member of Parliament for Edinburgh East, Tommy represents around 100,000 people. Every year thousands of Tommy’s constituents get in touch with him to request assistance with a wide variety of issues. With the help of Tommy’s caseworkers, he can assist with most matters that are the responsibility of the UK Government and its agencies, including:

Tommy always enjoys meeting with constituents and holds regular surgeries where you can come along, have a chat with him and let him know how he can help. He has set up a series of surgeries across the constituency:

If you need specialist advice, he can refer you to external organisations who will give you the help you need.

If the issue you need help with is the responsibility of the Scottish Government, such as Health, Education or Transport, then he may refer you to your local Member of the Scottish Parliament who may be better placed to assist you.

Similarly, if the matter is the responsibility of the City of Edinburgh Council, such as refuse collection, council housing or antisocial behaviour, then he may refer you to your local Councillor who should be able to help.

With the help of his team, he will always do his best to assist you. However, if he feels that he is unable to progress your case any further, he will give you the reason why and suggest who else may be able to help.

Tommy’s office will always treat your personal information in the strictest confidence, in line with data protection rules. You can read his full privacy notice here.